Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweet Home California!

It's been a long journey from MN to CA, but we finally made it. Last night, Kevin and I spent the night at the home of Jerry and Cheryl Routh in Las Vegas. Had another yummy steak supper, and headed out for a night on the Las Vegas strip. We went to see "Ka" a show by Cirque du Soleil. It was visually thrilling, and a delight to my ears! We were both so exhausted that we headed straight to bed when the show was over! We know--wild party animals!

After a morning of shopping (we found a sweet outlet mall along the way), gyro eating (Kevin had to get his favorite treat), and driving, driving, and more driving, we saw the "Welcome to California" sign, and hopped out of the car for the picture we'd been traveling miles to take!

Thank goodness for the carpool lane! LA traffic was decent for us today, thanks to the black diamond size of the road. I was so excited to share the news of our arrival, I called up my mom and Pastor Bob. Little did I realize, it's ILLEGAL to talk on your cell phone while driving in CA. Lucklily, a man driving next to us (noticed our MN license plates) rolled down his window and warned us! I LOVE KIND PEOPLE! It took us about 20 minutes to figure out how to get gas. The pump/payment stuff is so confusing! I had to go ask someone how to do it. And again, one look at my license plate had him chuckling. I may have to cover them up, so I don't keep getting laughed at! Lesson #2: just walk everywhere--as to avoid the pump problems!

Well, I am sitting in my new room! Bill and Jane Long are kindly welcoming me into their home for this new 10 month adventure. We enjoyed a delicious meal of---wait for it---STEAK and POTATOES! See a trend here? Ended the night with a trip to the fire pit for some s'mores, and more organizing. I hope to put a few finishing touches on my room tomorrow and call it good. It's officially time for bed. 6:30 wake up call tomorrow: why? you ask. SURFING of course!

2 comments:

Karishma said...

OMG! you'll finally made it out there! congrats on the drive :) I'm sure you love it out there already! I miss you so much, can't wait for your adventures to unfold! love you lots brose :)

Karishma said...

OMG! you made it! Congratulations on your successful move! I bet you're loving it out there.. surfing already huh? HMMM!!! Bet you'll be a pro in no time :) :) :)
love you and miss you loads brose.. can't wait for your adventures to unfold :)