Friday, September 12, 2008

called to surf...I mean, SERVE...oops.

Bzzt...bzzt...bzzt...(the sound of my phone vibrating on the floor as a telemarketer woke me up on my day off). It's my day off! So much for sleeping in.

I didn't sleep well anyway. The lyrics from the song I'm singing on Sunday kept playing over and over in my head, making it hard for me to get to sleep, and then get back to sleep once I woke up. Our dance/drama practice last night was awesome, and I am so excited about using it in worship on Sunday. The only problem: I have to memorize the song. Pray for me.

Again, another amazing day. I went outside and scoped out some new photo shoot spots (in my backyard)...I'm preparing a location for Presley and Madison's pictures when they come visit in October (hint hint). I've noticed that most mornings are overcast--perfect for shooting pictures. Since I have no one to model for me, I modeled for myself. I'm hoping to get some clients soon.

The alb I ordered came in today. Enough said about that. The better news is that I went to the Salvation Army store near my house and found a wetsuit. A womens springsuit in my size. So, I called Pastor Bob to get his advice on the brand/length, and he gave his approval. $35, not too bad. Better yet, when I went to pay for it, it rang up $12.50, because it had been in the store for months! I could've kissed the cashier. Only, she was a woman. Either way, I was stoked! I went to goodwill and another consignment shop: bought my first beach hat. Now, here's the problem: if I were back in MN, I would keep all my treasures in the bag until later that night when I would either do a fashion show for Kevin, or bring them home to show my mom and sister. I can't do that here. So, instead: here's a picture. You can ooh and ahh on your own! :)

Well, finally, my room is complete! Here are a couple of photos so you can see the finished product! It's so cozy. I'm happy to come home to this at the end of the day! I'm heading to bed (yes, at 9:30 p.m.)...I'm going surfing tomorrow morning, and with this new wetsuit, there's absolutely NO reason why I shouldn't get up on the board. Maybe I'll just sleep in it!

I should really get something for that wall.


My massive closet. And the door to my bathroom.I need a booster to get up in my "big girl bed!"There's Vera. She sits happily on the curb--keeps the robbers away.

2 comments:

Auntie Dana said...

Love the photos! Congrats on finding the wetsuit...I can't believe you scored such a fantastic bargain! Way to go, surfer girl!

Anonymous said...

If you ever get some good finds and want to show someone them, give me a call. I would love to see things that you buy. Maybe one of these days we could go show together, and I could get some good finds too.