Saturday, September 20, 2008

no boys allowed!

Thank you God, for other women who seek friendships the way I do. Amen.

Kelly Luhmann and I hung out last night. She picked me up and we went out to eat at The Lazy Dog Cafe. It only took us about 45 minutes to decide what to get on a menu full of goodies! We both settled for the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger and lemon water! MMM! We made a run to Blockbuster and rented Baby Mama, then grabbed some Coldstone to enjoy during the movie. For those of you who think Coldstone is expensive in MN, it's like twice the $ out here! OUTRAGEOUS! Next time, we're going to the grocery store and buying two gallons and two spoons, it'll probably be cheaper! :) Kelly was house sitting for a family up in Palos Verdes, so we went up there to watch the movie. It was by far the most amazing home I'd ever been in. The TV came up out of the mantle, the swimming pool in the backyard had a slide built into the landscaping, and the kids' rooms were something out of a storybook. What a reminder that people within blocks of each other can live completely different lives.

This morning I went to the Young Women's Growth Group at Tammy's house. It was so great to be in fellowship with other women my age. This group meets every other Saturday, but I honestly wish it were more often. They are fantastic women who have similar struggles and triumphs as I do. The concept of Growth Groups is not just that of hang-out time, but also Bible Study and prayer. I'm thankful that it's not just social hour, but more importantly a chance to learn and be stretched in my faith.

I stopped by the Galleria Mall on the way home from GG. I got a card in the mail for a free gift from Victoria's Secret, so I stopped in there today to pick it up. Another part of the gift was a card good for $10 off the purchase of a bra. I wasn't going to buy one, but noticed the woman ahead of me in line was about to dish out $95 for 2 bras! Seriously-that's crazy. So, I gave her the card. I'm not sure why she was so put-off by my attempt at being nice. She took it and used it, but seemed annoyed by my attempt at saving her $10. What's up with that?

I took the plunge today--literally! I headed down to the Victor E. Benstead Plunge for some lap swimming. Man, it was a beautiful day--80 degrees and sunny! I forget sometimes how powerful the sun is as I only put sunscreen on my nose and lips. My whole body got a little kiss from the sun today! I'm gonna have to head back there soon!

When I was walking out of the pool area, I noticed these holly berry bushes lining the outside of the pool. I never would've guessed they grew here. I always pictured somewhere cold and snowy! Either way, they reminded me of my sister. I'm going to attempt to do prayer postures tomorrow for the prayers of the people. I need to get going on them so I can have them memorized and ready by morning. Oh, and I have a bunch to read, and announcements to practice. Ahh, gotta run! Lots of LOVE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time hanging out last night. We will have to do it again. I did find The Melting Pot, its about 45 mins away, but with some planning, and picking the date, I think that we would be able to make it happen if you wanted to go. Also found an Applebees, so we will have to do that too.

I am glad that you came to Growth Group this morning.

We will have to have some more adventures in the very near future. I am glad that you are here, and we have been given the chance to get to know one another and hang out!!