Sunday, September 7, 2008

God is good, but I'm tired.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! Oh, and SUNDAY! Four services in one day---holy cow, can you say tired? Today was my first Sunday at GS (last Sunday was Worship on the Green). It was the kick off of the series "Ordinary Heroes." Much to my surprise, there were 5 cutouts of superheroes that the ambient art team used: one of which was BATMAN! So cool!

I was greeted this morning with many hugs, handshakes, even a few high-fives. Pastor Bob showed a clip of the "Free Hugs" man in worship this morning, and I loved one of the quotes he used from Family Circus: "Hugs are like boomerangs, you get it back right away." Wonderful people fill this house of worship, and I am completely convinced that God had this place in mind for me long before I began seminary. The hugs and other forms of welcome today were warm and lasting. Any love I showed was boomeranged right back at me today!

This afternoon, I got to spend some time with the Intern Task Force. Mark and Sue Wiedenmann welcomed us all to their beautiful home in Palos Verdes. God is so good. These folks rise to the challenge of taking on a new ministry, and do it gladly and with much love and kindness. This is officially my shortest post: my bed is calling my name!

No comments: