Saturday, September 26, 2009

bye bye vera west

Bitter: I drove Vera West for the last time today.

Sweet: I drove my new 2006 Subaru Forester for the first time today!

I recall our drive back from CA. I was sweating and sticking to the seat, about cursing my car out because I hated her so bad. Hate is a strong word, but I meant it then. I really think Vera had cancer. Vera had a few good weeks when we got back, leading me to believe we might get along for a while. This week she took a turn for the worst. She got hit by an unknown vehicle in the parking lot. Knocking her back light out and scratching her up pretty bad. Then she started shaking at 15 mph. The air conditioning still doesn't work. Not good. So, Kevin and I got real serious-real fast about buying a car, and we found one our first night out!!

My mom stayed over last night after the fashion show, so she came with us in the hopes that we could heckle with them a little. No such luck. Nobody does that anymore. It takes all the fun out of buying a new car! I did manage to get them to give me $200 more for my trade in, a complete body restoration to repair even the smallest nicks, and they threw in a cover for the trunk of it. We feel really good about it and are excited to be in a small SUV that has been rated #1 for safety for the last 7 years!! Perfect for little Bergeson babies in a few years! Check it out!

9 comments:

LisaP said...

Congrats! We both have new "used" cars! Your's is way cuter than mine though. I guess mine is cute, but I am just not used to it. I did not hate my van as much as you hated Vera, but I killed the van all the same! haha. Have you give it a name yet? Rach & I are trying to think of a name for our little bippy of a car. Have fun driving with the AC blasting!

ellencp1 said...

Sorry to hear about Vera...that car seemed so perfect for a spunky 20 something year old! :-)
I hope this one is eventually filled with children!
Hugs!

J, H, P, M, and M Sieve said...

Congrats on the new car! I'm so happy for you both! I will call you tomorrow...today was crazy! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!! for the couple and the
car....

Dad said...

Oops!!!!!!! Dad

Linda said...

Looks like a perfect fit! Congrats on the new car. Be safe out there! It will definitely make it back out to Cali!!! ;-)

Karishma said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Can't wait to see it and drive around in it! :)

Karishma said...

Woah! Did you truly just say little bergeson babies?!?!?!?!?! Already!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Aaron won't even let me DREAM about kids yet!

MD said...

Congrats on the Subaru, welcome to the club