Saturday, September 19, 2009

wedding vomit

Last night Kevin and I had the thrill of celebrating with our friend Braden & Rebecca as they wed each other at the U of M. We threw on our favorite black outfits, took a few shots in the garden at Luther and headed over to the wedding. A night time ceremony, candles, small, wow, it was awesome. Makes me wish we were having a little wedding at night! The couple was aglow with love for each other, many good friends (who we just don't see enough of) filled the room, and the live band rocked the night away! We had a blast!

Then, 6:00 a.m. wake up call! We had to be in Worthington for the 30th Annual Turkey Day 10K by 10:30. We arrived just on time, and barely got our time chips when the race started. It was HOT! 80 degrees, and no water until mile 3. Ridiculous! By the time we got to the end of the race, and this happens every time I run a race, the excitement and nerves got the better of me, so I threw up all over the place in the last 3 blocks of the race. You can see my brown breakfast on my shirt. GROSS! I have to get over this nasty 'tradition' by marathon time or else! Kevin was a trooper and helped me finish and got me water. My mom of course was worried sick when she saw me white as a ghost and vomiting like mad! Ok, just realized, too much information. Sorry.

As soon as the race was over, I was fine. I had a blister the size of a silver dollar on my heel, but we did it. The turkey races, and parade were a blast. Kevin and I walked with Holly and the troops with the Sanford Regional Hospital float handing out freeze pops to all the parade goers! What a rush to see so many wonderful folks in 30 minutes! WE LOVED IT! Then I got to help my mom work in the Taco Wagon for a few hours. Kevin came up with the idea to make elephant tails instead of elephant ears, so I rolled up little baby dough tails and cooked them up! DELICIOUS! I never really did watch the parade. I saw just as many people selling tacos as I would've at the parade. It was Kevin's first Turkey Day celebration in Worthington! He's truly a member of the family now!! :) We had to head back up to the cities for church in the morning. Nothing like spending 6 hours on the road for 6 hours with the family. Time back home is never long enough!

1 comment:

LisaP said...

Ok, running after that Turkey is hilarious! Breakfast on your top...uh, not so hilarious :)