Friday, September 25, 2009

THE DRESS!

I have been going crazy about this whole wedding dress thing. I've tried on over 200 dresses in the search for finding the dress! And I feel like I've been all over the Midwest on the search:

1. The Wedding Shoppe (3x)
2. Napier Bridal
3. David's Bridal (2x)
4. Our Shop (2x)
5. Raffine Bridal
6. The French Door
7. Interlude
8. The Bridal Gallery
9. Lasting Impressions
10. Jeanne's Boutique
11. Elegance Bridal
12. Storybook Bride
13. Jennie's Bridal
14. Mestad's
15. Pearls & Lace Bridal
16. The Wedding Outlet
17. Bridal Accents Couture
18. Lorraine Shop
19. Vowed in Elegance
20. The Bridal Gallery (2x)

25 visits to wedding shops! It has been one heck of a journey. All wedding planning has been on a hold until I get this not-so-small detail out of the way. Because school has been so hectic and my work schedule leaves no room for fun, I took an afternoon off from work to head over to Stillwater, MN with my friend Mollie in the hopes of finding the one. AND WE DID!!! It was the second one I tried on in the store. When I was standing in the dressing room, I remember calling out to her, "Brace yourself, Mollie, this one is sweet!" It's incredible. I can't describe it too much because nosey-Nellie Kevin will be on here trying to figure out what it looks like! What I can tell you is that it's raw silk, ivory, and absolutely stunning. Unlike anything I've ever photographed, and I look GOOD in it! :) Well, at least I feel good in it!

I was so pumped about it, I called my mom to see if she wanted to come up on Friday (the next day) and go to a mother of the bride fashion show, then to see me try it on. Talk about spur of the moment! She went to work super early and drove up 3 hours to come see it! What a mom!! She, Lynda, and I all went together, and had a blast. The fashion show was awesome. They both got to see some beautiful potentials for what they can wear next year. We ate a whole bunch of yummy treats! And, my mom won a door prize! A $30 gift certificate to a cleaner in Stillwater! That'll do her a lot of good in Worthington! :) She handed it off to me as a gift. The final prize of the night was a $300 gift certificate to Our Shop, the store hosting the fashion show. I had my fingers crossed that I'd win and knock $300 off my dress. I didn't. Shoot. After the show, we went over into the store, and I put on my dress. My mom LOVED it. She really did. It's so me, I can't even stand it! I even got to try on some jewelry and veils with it to see how I wanted to jazz it up! I didn't order it there, am hoping I can find it cheaper somewhere else, because it's WAY more than I wanted to spend. One day, right? I'll regret buying a cheap dress I don't love, when for a few hundred more could have the one that makes my heart flutter just thinking about it!!

It was awesome to have 3 people who I love see me in it. I sent out a mass e-mail to a bunch of ladies who I thought would enjoy seeing me in it. I can't post a picture on here, so if you want to see it, let me know. I'll share it with you!

We made our way back to Mendota Heights. Kevin picked up some tiramisu and some chocolate cake so we could celebrate my mom's birthday with her. She turned 50 last year, and I missed it while in CA, so we made up for it with some yummy treats! What a great day! And what a huge weight has been lifted. I found my dress! YIPPEE!!!

4 comments:

ellencp1 said...

Hey, Amber
I would love to see you in your dress. Will you send me a pic?

Lynda said...

Love the dress Amber. It suits you! You have set the example when I start looking for my dress!

Auntie Dana said...

WhooHoo! And you look oh so fabulous in that dress! You are such a Hollywood Starlet!

Linda said...

Love it, love it, love it! Can't wait for the real day! P.S. Happy belated birthday to mom Sue!