Saturday, September 5, 2009

song birds

We missed a whole day at the lake for a wedding. :( Luckily, it was a fun one. I got to take candids of Amber (the bride), in the morning, and then followed the group around and watched the photographer they hired do his thing. It's always interesting to me to see other photographers work. No offense to this guy, ok, maybe a little, he was kinda nuts if you ask me. Unorganized, indecisive, and he talked down to his wife who assisted him. Not my kind of photographer. Not to mention some of the completely bizarre things he had the couple do (face directly into the sun to the point where their eyes were watering!). Anybody with a clue knows not to do that. Bad for make-up, bad for squinting, bad for lighting. Oh well, not my gig, I guess. It didn't matter, Amber was stunning, and the wedding party was tons of fun! I even picked up a quick family photo shoot with the Matron of Honor and her husband and child before I was back on to do candids that night. I love little surprise shoots like that!

There were TONS of Worthington people at the wedding. Lots of people I hadn't seen for years, so it was a little intimidating to get up and sing in front of them. Not to mention cantor a Catholic Mass. The first time I've been able to raise my arm during song since I got back. I'd probably get kicked out of seminary if I did it during chapel. Such a shame.

Anyway, after we sang and played (we did fantastic, in case you're wondering!) we skipped the receiving line and went to my mom's for a mini photo shoot. If you can't tell, I'm loving the outdoor wicker furniture, so we did it again.

A night at the dance, more candids, two cones from DQ, and we were back in Okoboji by 9:30 and ready for a great night!! We were all in bed by 10. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey....I'm still waiting for my personal Amber CD!!! Would have loved to hear you and Kevin sing at a wedding....hmmmm, maybe you'll do it at your own. Love the pics of the 2 of you!