Sunday, September 20, 2009

thankathon

Tonight I had the privilege to speak to 300 donors to Luther Seminary at the annual fall Heritage Society event. I brought my surfboard to show them the names of people who I have been a blessing to, and that they could use that board as a way of imagining the waves and waves of blessings they've produced through their generous gifts. I joked about feeling "called to surf" rather than "called to serve." They loved it. I felt like I was up preaching again. I haven't preached since I got home from Torrance, so it was fun to get up and do some public speaking again! If you go to http://www.luthersem.edu/ you can see a photo of me and a few other important people at the event. Kevin even came to show some support for his thankathon dove. I'm so proud to be a part of the Luther Seminary community and to be asked to participate in awesome events like this!

1 comment:

Karishma said...

you are such a special woman, I'm so glad I share your wonderfulness with the world! :)