Tuesday, September 1, 2009

food fair

Kevin asked me in the middle of August if I'd want to go to the State Fair. I live close enough to the fair that I've heard it each night, including the Kid Rock concert last night, but I told him I didn't really want to go. All you do is eat. Anything on a stick, and everywhere you look...MORE FOOD VENDORS. But, after our run past the state fair a few days ago, I changed my mind. I needed a Pronto Pup! And it turned out to be a great trip. A few highlights of the day: We stopped by the MPR booth and got to have our photo taken. We made our signs and didn't get to see what each other had written until the next day. You can see who the sweeter one in our relationship is! :) We rode "Ye Old Mill" (probably the oldest ride on the face of the earth), ate Sweet Martha's Cookies and then walked down to the all you can drink milk stand ($1) to wash them down. Two pronto pups, a corn dog, chocolate milkshake, two roasted ears of corn, and we were wiped. I played one round of ski ball. The game at the state fair is rigged at an angle, so I didn't win even a small prize. We heard Randy Travis start singing his opening songs, learned the Heimlich, rode the gondola at night, and went into the miracle of birth center and saw and touched baby pigs. It was a great day! We didn't buy a spa, but it was still great!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So sad to hear that you didn't take a picture in a hot tub!!! I guess only in CA. I wish we had an all you can drink milk for $1.

Linda said...

You didn't SEE Randy Travis? Oh my gosh - he is amazing! Wish we could "click" on those little submerged pics. Looks like you had a great time! Soooooo in love !!!