Monday, August 31, 2009

10 hours of dresses

Ten more hours of dress shopping today and still no dress. I can't believe this is taking so long to find one! Ok, I can. I know I'm picky, but had no idea it'd be this bad! Goodness! Burnsville, Savage, West St. Paul, St. Paul. There are still plenty more wedding shops in the cities, but I was hoping it wouldn't resort to that. I guess it will.
We went to a really swanky place in Burnsville where they had couture dresses. It was awesome. Some of the dresses were really expensive ($4,000 and up), but the less expensive ones were equally beautiful. I found one there I really loved. We'll see how my mom and sister like it. This was the first shop where they had two of the same dresses in different sizes, so KK and I each put on the same dress and took a picture in it! The lady who helped us was super kind.

We went from couture heaven to a Bridal Outlet store where I didn't find even one dress I liked. They were so cheap and ugly. Note to self: stop hoping to find a clearance dress. Pay the money for the one you love.

Karishma definitely found her gown at The Wedding Shoppe after trying on a bunch of really great potentials! It was the same one we saw in Rochester, only $300 cheaper here. Mestad's is a rip...don't buy your dress there! Anyway, she set. Not me. I'm back at square one.

4 comments:

Auntie Dana said...

I'm smiling, I love you and miss you! You and Kevin should get paid for the modeling gig. ;) (Is that the same lens you just bought?)
A+ day, more dresses, meal deals, and another wedding dress adventure...add in your seminary/HR business and completing your approval essay, and it's easy to see you are one busy pastor lady/wife/mom to-be. We know you will continue to be blessed to be a blessing!

Kelly said...

Don't worry Love, you will find the right dress, and when you do it will be just perfect!! Good Luck with the hunting, the right Amber dress is out there.

ellencp1 said...

One job I dreamed about having was being a wedding dress model! I love the feel of wedding dresses, don't you? Anyway, try to enjoy the process...your dress is out there!

Karishma said...

what a day!!!!!! i had a blast and am so glad i "think" i found the dress!!!! ha ha ha :) we need to talk more! i love you!! let me know what weekend is good for me to come up and shop with you some more! :) love you!