Sunday, August 16, 2009

i'm a snob

My goodness, what a weekend! Wedding Friday. Wedding Saturday (got down poured on) but got kick butt photos with the lens. I went to St. Matthew's this morning for the first time in over a year. It was a great Sunday to be there as Pastor Thomas Braun was installed as the new Administrative Pastor. He seems to have a great sense of humor, a talented wife, and family in the congregation. I'm anxious to see how God uses him and his family in Worthington!

The whopping $25 I paid to rent the lens this weekend (which is nothing considering the lens is worth $1,400) was well worth it. I shot a little boy named Dalton this afternoon out at his acreage, and then persuaded Presley to go on an adventure to an abandoned farm place to shoot some of her there. She was a champ and let me carry her into a field of weeds, she stood there (even though she hates when grass touches her ankles), and posed like a model. We had her in 5 outfits in 45 minutes. Way to go Holly & Presley! I definitely got a lot of use out of the lens this weekend!
Tonight I got to drive to Mankato to celebrate Karishma & Aaron's engagement at a party in their honor. A whole crew of folks showed up to offer their well wishes and share in a time of eating, picture taking, and getting measured! AHH! Yes, I got measured for my Indian apparel that I will wear in the wedding. I even had my wrists measured for bangles. I had no idea my wrists were considered fat. Harsh! :)

Poor Kevin has been abandoned by me since I got back from California. I've been down in Worthington and everywhere else but by him. So, it was a sweet reunion tonight when I arrived back in St. Paul. We celebrated our 2 year 3 month anniversary today. I'm glad he said something or I may have forgotten. After we walked my load of stuff up to my room, here's the dialogue that followed:

Kevin: Do you want your anniversary present?
Me: Sure!
Kevin: Well, I didn't get a chance to wrap it, so I just put it in a Target bag.
Me: That's ok.
Kevin: (Hands me the Target bag)
Me: (I reach inside the Target bag and my eyes light up and I pull out a blue Tiffany gift bag. Only, he has put some stuffing on the top of the bag, and I know they don't do that at the store) Is this some kind of joke? Because, this would be a really really mean joke Kevin.
Kevin: (sitting on the couch smirking)
Me: Is this for real? Because if this is a joke...it'd be cruel. Is this a joke?
Kevin: I don't know.
Me: (I pull out the stuffing and see an actual Tiffany box inside. I pull it out. The bow is tied perfectly. How did he find my bag, box, and bow and redo them perfectly?) Is this real? Because if so, I should be taking a picture of this. Should I take a picture of this box Kevin?
Kevin: You can take a picture if you want to.
Me: Ok, I'm going to take a picture, but if this is a joke, it's not a funny one. (Obviously, it's funny...I'm not seriously upset at this point.) Well, you better let me take your picture with the box then. Because if this is for real, I'm gonna want your picture with it. (I take his picture holding the box. See photo for proof, and see smirk for evidence of sneakiness).
Kevin: Well, I better take your picture with it too.
Me: Should you?
Kevin: (He takes my picture holding the box).
Me: (I untie the ribbon, open the box...the bag inside is not one I own...it's REAL! Inside the blue box is the matching bracelet to my necklace. Ahh!! What a guy!)
Dang, he's good! It's so super pretty. Makes my necklace look filthy, but it's awesome. A trip to Tiffany in Edina. Two Tiffany gifts. I'm officially turning into a Tiffany snob, and it's not my fault! :)

6 comments:

Linda said...

It's beautiful! What a nice gift - he really knows how to pay attention.

tjackson80 said...

what lens did you rent?

Auntie Dana said...

Snob and Goodwill hardly go together. A few lovely Tiffany "trinkets" hardly qualify.

Maybe Kevin's gift will be the something old for your daughter's wedding...

Jodi said...

what a guy you have! I am also curious about the lens. Which one did you rent?

J, H, P, M, and M Sieve said...

Man Presley is sure darn cute! It's no wonder they say she looks like her mom!

Karishma said...

We were so thrilled you were able to join us on our special day! What a blessing to have all our close friends and family join us :) Thank you again for taking all those pictures for us, you're such a champ! Can't wait to continue the engagement celebration with you and Kevin as we plan in the months coming! I love you!!!! :)