Friday, August 14, 2009

wild-n-windy-wedding

I found out from Laura (the woman taking our wedding photos) that you can rent lenses from West Photo in Minneapolis. So, after driving all the way down to Worthington, I decided I wanted to rent one for Ashley & JT's wedding, so my very very very sweet fiance picked it up for me and met me in Mankato for a 30 second exchange. I had to race back to Worthington to see my brother as the best man in his friend BJ's wedding. I made it back and saw the last 3 minutes of the ceremony. That was plenty of time to practice a few shots with the lens...and HOLY CRAPOLA! It's amazing. Check out my latest facebook album to see all the shots! I can't wait to take more tomorrow at a wedding I'm shooting! The air conditioner in my car still isn't working, so I looked like a complete loser in our family photo. The dress came later. With 3 minutes...there was no time to change. And the outdoor wedding was right next to the lake. The strong wind gusts kept all our hair wild, and the unity candle extinguished. It was fun hanging with the fam at the reception. I stayed through Eric's speech, then took off. Time to get ready for the wedding tomorrow. Let's see if the rain holds off.

No comments: