Tuesday, August 4, 2009

5 years of Presley

Goodness gracious, sakes alive, our little Presley is already five!

I got a card that said this same phrase when I turned 5. It was black with an orange flower. Not sure why I remember odd things like that. Anyway...

We celebrated Presley's 5th birthday today. She kept reminding me, "Auntie, it's MY day today. It was your day when you tried on dresses, but today is MY day." Got it! :)

Our celebration began with Holly cooking waffles and bacon for breakfast. We took a trip to the Lakefield Pool. Presley started going down the white slide without fear. It was fun to watch. Madison is pretty brave when it comes to the water. She grabbed Jason by the hand at one point and said, "Watch!" and jumped into the deep end. Thank goodness he was holding onto her. I'm reminded of Theresa's policy: throw a lifejacket on them so they can jump in and not be afraid of the water. When I go with the girls in the future, that's what I'm going to do! I need a trip to the Lomita, CA pool soon! :)

Okoboji, IA was our next stop. Presley loves Arnold's Park, so she rode rides, we all went in the house of mirrors, the tippy house and rode the train. I even got her hooked on ski-ball. 30,000 points is all it takes to win a small prize, and I did it. A pink fish for the birthday girl!

Madison was a little fearless rider on the rides. Other kids who were older than her cried and had trouble staying seated, but she held on tight and put those other babies to shame! Mini donuts, icecream, and cotton candy. The supper of champions. Just kidding. We had hot dogs, fries, and malts too! :)

3 comments:

Kristi Kuhl said...

They are too cute darn right adorable.

Auntie Dana said...

Yup...what Kristi said...

Tell Presley her Disneyland friends said, "Happy birthday!"

Linda said...

A trip to the Lomita, CA pool? Bring it on girl! We are missing you bad! Cute, cute pics of you and the girls!