Thursday, August 27, 2009

an A+ kinda day!

Wow...so many things to celebrate this afternoon!

First piece of good news: My approval essay is finished. Well, one more read through, a few minor edits and I'll be done! After three days of locked up writing in my room, it paid off! I am finished days early! Sorry for my absence in the meantime. Kevin has been kind enough to proof read it as I went. He said he'd approve me! :) That's all I need to know! It's the final essay of four during my seminary career. One more interview and I'll be a full-fledged pastor lady! How crazy is that?

Second piece of good news: I ordered my dream lens (A Canon 70-200 IS USM f/2.8 for those of you fellow photogs) on Saturday, and it arrived in 5 days! I was jumping with glee when the mail room guy greeted me with my package!

Third piece of good news: Kelly Luhmann sent me a facebook message today asking if it'd be ok for her and Amy to come visit in December! Uh...HECK YEAH! I am already planning our great Minnesota winter adventure. Mall of America, Skiing, ice skating, sledding, hot cocoa...ooh! I've been jumping up and down since the moment I read it. (I finally stopped dancing and screaming long enough to sit down and blog about it!) Amy and Linda were the only two I could get ahold of to celebrate. Kelly, beware, lots of excitement to come if you call me back! :)

Fourth piece of good news: After a 2 month hiatus from eating at Rascals, I finally broke down and drank the teriyaki sauce right out of the bottle. Just kidding. Kevin and I did whip up some white rice, chicken, and smothered it in sauce! It was worth the wait. Delicious! All the sugar must've gotten to us, because we eventually turned on pandora radio, channeled in a big band station, and did some swing dancing in my room.

Fifth piece of good news: All the HR's for the Luther Seminary buildings got together today with Dean Patricia Lull (dean of students) and Carole Kreiger (housing coordinator) and got to meet each other, and talk about the year. I'm actually really excited now about this year, and was glad to meet some new people who seem to be real people of peace already.

That's all the good news I can think of. Five things in one day. Much to be thankful for. Lucky me!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Was so good to hear your super excited voice tonight! Glad I was a recipient! You girls will have a great time when K & A come to visit!

Kristi Kuhl said...

The picture of you "drinking the sauce" did confuse me I dont think that would taste too good straight up, but it is good on chicken and rice.

Kelly said...

SOOOO EXCITED for December!! I cant wait to see you

J, H, P, M, and M Sieve said...

We want some rice, chicken, and teriyaki sauce too! Bring that back home and whip us up some! Love you! Glad you had a great day!

tjackson80 said...

lens envy.

LisaP said...

Rachel looked at the photo of you and the straw in that sauce and her jaw dropped. haha. It was so funny. "Mom did she REALLY drink it like that"? Kids, too funny.
Sounds like you are doing well and settled into being back home. I know you will have a great time with your Cali family in December as well. Think of you often. Blessings!

Alicia R. said...

Aren't you a lucky girl! 5 amazing things in one day -- not much more you can ask for :) Hope you are doing well!!

ellencp1 said...

Love the A+ day...hope you have a lifetime of them!
Hugs to you,
Ellen