Friday, August 28, 2009

sesserd erom

Can anyone decode the title? 5 points if you can!

Ok, so last night I got a wild idea and decided it'd be fun to take a day and abide after all the approval essay writing. So, I called up Karishma to see if she'd be interested in meeting in Rochester for some dress shopping. There is a huge bridal shop down there called Mestad's. So, we both got up at the crack of dawn and met there at 10.

Mestad's was grand, but the service was not so grand. I don't consider myself hard to get along with, but I was sensing some tension between myself and the woman helping me. I told her, I didn't like a certain neckline and spaghetti straps, so what does she do? Brings a nasty while prom-dress-looking gown into my room. I said, "Not to be rude, but I can tell you right now I don't like it. I don't care for those straps or the satin" She replied, "Oh, just try it on anyway!" Um...no. I don't like it. Karishma had a nice older lady helping her. The dresses were nice, but very overpriced. I saw gowns in there for $4,500. Most of the gowns in there I had seen at other stores, and they were marked up $300-$500 more on each dress. I guess you can guess where I won't be doing business!

Anyway, KK and I got a fast lunch and then met up with Molly at another bridal shop. We each tried on a bunch. Almost all bridal shops right now have some clearance dresses. I love a bargain, so always look through those racks to see if there's anything in there I like. Well, I found a dress. It was $850 originally. Marked down to $298. It was pretty great. I just wasn't sure it was the one. So, I sat there a while thinking about it. The owner of the store could see I was on the fence about the whole thing so she came back and made matters worse. "I'll give you 20% off that price if you take it today!" Yeah, now we're down to $240 for an $850 dress. Crap. I ended up walking away, sending some picture home to Holly and my mom. They liked it too, but encouraged me not to settle. Especially my mom. She said, "Don't buy it because you like the price. It needs to be your dream dress!" Agreed. I passed on it. I hope I don't regret that decision.

After all that shopping, Molly took us into Downtown Rochester to meet up with Korrie for burgers at Newt's. Named the best burger joint in Rochester for the last 6 years in a row. I had a juicy lucy (a hockey puck sized burger injected with a ton of steaming hot American cheese)...yum! I was delicious! We caught up on life, checked out the coolest Barnes & Noble I've ever seen, then went to Korrie's to see her new house. We were there until 12:00, then got in our cars and drove home. Note to self: stay overnight. I wasn't in bed until 2:00 a.m. and barely made it.

4 comments:

Kristi Kuhl said...

I know the answer more dresses! I want 5 points...can you by chance give them to my Lutheran Confessionalism Theology class? Sounds like you had a great day!

Linda said...

I know it too!!! MORE DRESSES!!! Hey, I'm in Cali and it's only 8:28 pm - so do I beat Kristi! ha ha

ellencp1 said...

Little late checking in...but my guess was more dresses, too.
Love ya,
Ellen

Karishma said...

thanks so much for that last minute call - there's nothing more fun than spending a day with you!!!! with the added bonus of dress shopping, a good meal and old friends!!!!!! i'm so glad you're back in mn - i knew i missed you, but only realizing now how much!!!!!!!!!