Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 in 1

Back on a plane. Time to go home. I flew out of LAX over the Pacific and got to see some incredible views of the city. It's hard to picture just how big this place is until you see it from the air. Quite a sight! I never obey the 'no electronic devices' rule. And can you blame me? Look at these views! The plane ride was smooth until we got closer to Chicago. One air pocket in the sky had me gripping my seat for dear life. The girl next to me jumped like I did. We were both scared. I couldn't have been happier to be on the ground. When I went to get off my plane in Chicago, I recognized a guy 3 rows up from me. Francis Chan! Author of Crazy Love. Ever since I began reading his book and watching the DVD's in Growth Group, I've wanted to meet him. There he was. 10 feet away and I froze. I didn't know what to do. So, I grabbed my camera and took a picture of him. He doesn't look too happy about it. Not sure I would either if some strange girl took my picture. I was hoping that once I got off the plane he'd be standing around so I could introduce myself, but no such luck. He was long gone. I'm kicking myself for sitting there like a quiet fool. Grr! Either way, talk about a small world. It totally made my night. Two famous people in one week. Peder & Francis. Lucky me!

Dove and Bijou reunite: I arrived in St. Paul at 11:30 p.m. Kevin was waiting in his car with a bouquet of flowers and a bag of treats for my arrival. He's so sweet. We went back to Dave and Lynda's house and crashed shortly after. Home sweet home. It's good to be back.

Wednesday morning we loaded up Lynda's Subaru and departed for Worthington. Dianne (Lynda's sister), Lynda, Kevin, and I all made the trip. This was their first time to Worthington, so it was pretty exciting. I'm not sure if they were excited about the purse party, or about visiting, but it sure meant a lot to me that they came along for both! I'm preaching on Sunday when I return, so I spent most of the ride trying to write my sermon. Even with earplugs in both ears, it's hard to do. With so much to do at church it's hard to even enjoy these vacations.

Presley called to check on our progress a few times. She and Madison sat in their matching princess chairs in the front door on and off for 40 minutes waiting for us to get there. And I thought I was excited! By the time we arrived, Madison was sleeping, but Presley was as awake as ever! YAY! She climbed up around my neck to hug me and wouldn't let go. Even as I dropped my arms and she hung there like a little monkey! A tour, some purse sorting, and it was time to wake up Madison! I think it took her a few minutes to figure out who I was.

We welcomed Lynda and Dianne to Worthington and headed to mom's for purse party set up. We had TONS of them. The party was scheduled to start at 5, and by 4:30 people were already showing up. Women flooded in the house and grabbed 2-3 purses at a time until they decided which one they wanted. It was great fun to see and catch up with old friends. We sold over half of the purses we bought, but still have a ton left. Let me know if you want one!

Eric picked up Mersaydes so I got to see her as well! All three nieces in one place! I'm one lucky Auntie. Once the flow of purse crazy ladies slowed down, I went outside with the girls. We played with bubbles, jumped on the trampoline, chased eachother around the yard, and had a wonderful time. Back out to Holly and Jason's for a slumber party! Here are some favorites from the day:

Beating Eric for the 900th time at butt wars!3 lovely girls in one picture

Lynda and I relaxing on the patio
Madison doing what she loves best: waving bye-bye.
Millions of bubbles. Bubbles for me.
High, high, high into the sky!Trampoline races

Eric and Kevin doing dirty dancing lifts!

Seeing Mersaydes' two teeth, and her walking feet.

1 comment:

Karishma said...

the girls are growing up so quickly!!! they're uber adorable :) enjoyed all the pictures :) i always love your pictures!!! p.s. you look cute in yellow :) miss you lady, hope i get to see you soon! loves!