Sunday, April 26, 2009

oh what a night!

As you could tell from my last post, it was a rough night. Sleeping on a cot in a room full of strangers is the last place I wanted to be. I have security issues. A door with a lock makes me feel safe. So, it was eyes open all night, worried my things would be taken out from underneath me, literally. I slept for a few hours on the plane. So thankful for a faithful friend who helped me get home from the airport on such short notice. All day, I worked on my identity sermon. What does my identity as "child of God" mean? Did that name tag magically appear on my shirt last night when I felt like punching the American Airlines lady? Did it keep me from crying at the ticket counter? Did that name tag give me the energy to write a sermon with literally no sleep? Did that name tag prevent me from throwing my computer out the window when it shut down for the 10th time in 5 minutes? Did that name tag help get me through a sermon I felt unprepared to give? Yes.

It was tough preaching on this topic. Sometimes it's hard to believe God really loves me enough to call me a child. Parents love kids a lot. God loves me way more than that. If only I believed it a little more often.

2 comments:

LP said...

Wow. Intense.

Karishma said...

I've questioned God's love, intentions, and sense of humor A LOT in the last few weeks. Especially through this grueling time of job hunting and not receiving a paycheck in 2 weeks until who knows when.

There is something I want so bad that I can taste it. I'm not getting it. Does that mean God doesn't love me? or does it mean He knows best?

I don't know.