Tuesday, April 14, 2009

no more shopping!

Well, Holly said I needed to get more purses. We have over 30 people signed up to come to the purse party and only 38 purses, so back down to the fashion district I went. Heather came with to help with the fun and to get some purses for herself! But there was a big problem: they had just gotten raided by the police, so bags were super hard to find. The vendors were on edge, you could tell. They didn't know who to trust, who they could let see their bags. I felt so bad. We just kept saying, "We're not police, we just need to buy like 20 bags!" As if a normal shopper would say something like that. Luckily, one lady let us up into her stash. Again, 10 floors up, but much safer than last time, we found a crap load of LV, Dooney & Burke, and Coach bags. And all of them were super unique and original! We were rushed out by the seller and only ended up getting 9. By the end of the day, we had accumulated 20 purses, 9 pairs of sunglasses, earrings, and Coach key chains! All in all, quite successful. I can't wait to see who shows up for the party and what bags they like best. It seems the entire worship staff took today off after all the hooha of the weekend. Easter was wonderful, just exhausting, so Bob ordered mandatory abiding. Twist my arm, I'll take the day off! :)

1 comment:

Auntie Dana said...

Are you up to one more purse trip? Maybe just before you leave (WHAT?) for home? I miss you, my friend!