Friday, April 24, 2009

don't make me chang mai thai!

Rise and shine! A slumber party with Pastor Bob! Ok, he was in another room, but it was pretty hilarious to share breakfast with him at the Bergeson's kitchen table. I look forward to hosting (I say that loosely, as it wasn't even my house) people like this in the future when I have a home and a place to put them.

We started off the day with a trip to Luther Sem. Talk about strange. I hadn't been there since leaving for LA, and it was a different feeling to walk around on campus and bump into people. I ran into Kate's mom, a few others, and enjoyed a conversation with Bob, Kevin, and Dave Lose. We spent most of our time talking about the Center for Biblical Preaching, interjecting worship stuff here and there.

Bob's cousin Katie and her husband own Chang Mai Thai a restaurant in Uptown . So, we went there and enjoyed a lunch with the owners! I felt important. I had some wild dish...I can't remember the exact name khau kadekadek or something like that. Delicious. Katie took us on a tour of the eatery, and sent us on our way. We took Bob to the Walker, only to discover the giant spoon was missing the cherry! Apparently it's being refinished, so it looked incomplete. Bob's an architecture fanatic, so we took him to the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis. That place is pretty awesome. We're still trying to figure out what the circus umbrella was all about. Any Catholics wanna enlighten me? A trip to Kevin's house in the afternoon wouldn't be complete without a yummy treat. Kev and I made our specialty: banana cream blizzards. Then we kicked Bob out so we could spend some time alone.

My friend from seminary, Mollie, was celebrating her birthday tonight, so we made a surprise visit to Dave & Buster's (an arcade for adults) to wish her a Happy Birthday. It's been fun seeing so many people while being home. And I feel as though this trip came at a good time. Just when I was getting to the point where I wanted to cry every time I thought about going back home, I was reminded of how much I like being here. Sharing breakfast with Kevin, watching his master egg flipping skills, going for a drive together, all such good things.

2 comments:

Karishma said...

What? Ping Pong Thai!? What?

Linda said...

We will miss you when you leave us :-( Love you sweetie!