Saturday, April 11, 2009

t-3 hours until icecream

Church, church, and more church...I feel like I've been living at church since I got back from Mexico. This morning was our Easter run through. All the songs, dancing, dramas, and leading got walked through to be sure everything is set for tomorrow. There are so many people working hard to participate and make Easter something extraordinary. It's awesome. The dance has really come together and we're all eager to use it as a means of praise tomorrow! The Ambient Art team showed up bright and early this morning and began setting up the new display in the corner of the sanctuary. It's going to be beautiful. It started off looking like a flower garden gone wild and turned into a lovely piece of art. The scaffolding and ladders came out as the crown of glory needed to be put up by the crown of thorns. What a job!

After four hours of run through, I had to dash up to the botanical gardens to take pictures of the Maria Evans Ministry ladies! What a blast! All four women had such wonderful personalities and made the shoot very enjoyable. I really miss taking pictures like this. When I was finished with the four of them, I got to take pictures of Rachel. She is hands down one of the most photogenic kids I know! Before I left for Mexico, she came with her dad to see us off and we took a picture together so she could make it onto my blog. She watches America's Next Top Model as much as I do. She watches for the modeling, I watch for the photography ideas. We worked well together! There was a wedding going on at the gardens as well, and what a perfect time of year as everything is colorful, blooming, and green! We watched the bride walk toward her groom. Beautiful!

I made a last minute run to the grocery store and bought two half gallons of chocolate moose tracks for tomorrow. Two for $5. It's never been that cheap. After 40 days, it's time!

My wake up call tomorrow is set for 3:45 a.m. I'm heading to bed at 9:00 and am ready for Jesus to rise so I can eat ice cream!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Rachel will be ecstatic to see herself on your blog :-)

Lisa said...

Was the ice cream as good as you remember :)