Wednesday, July 15, 2009

private blog

Public world. Private blog. After over 250 posts, I have decided to make my blog private for the following reasons:

1. Many people read, few people comment. It seems almost like snooping to me if you read my posts, see pictures, know all about my life and never bother to say hello or comment on anything. What's up with that? It's like looking through other people's photos on facebook just to look, but never to offer a hello or comment.

2. Sensored information. Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding back on what I write about, but knowing potential bosses may be reading and seeing what a complete nut I am makes me a little nervous.

I can't begin to tell you the number of people who I bump into (after years for some) who say they've been reading my blog. I had no idea. Why not comment on something to at least let me know you're reading? To be completely honest, writing about our engagement and seeing that nobody, NOT ONE PERSON commented a congratulations...that was the decision maker for me. Maybe I'm turning into a words of affirmation love language person. Who knows.

So to those of you who have faithfully read and cared enough to make yourself known and offer support, I thank you, and would be happy to add your e-mail to the list of approved people who can continue to read. You just need to let me know so I can add you. I have appreciated your words of encouragement and love over the past year. This blog will officially be private next week when we're back from Idaho.

On a less 'crabby Amber' note, I had a great day today meeting with a potential photography couple, searching for a photographer for our wedding, enjoying a delicious home made smoothie courtesy of Kevin (I love how the seeds stick to the sides of the cup), and walking through the neighborhoods in St. Louis Park handing out grocery bags to collect food in on Saturday. Kevin and I raced to see who could do it the fastest. It was fun walking along the route mail carriers take. Seeing the bushes they cut through, the dogs they deal with, and the fences they wish didn't divide yards. Almost 2,000 bags were handed out. Fill 'em up people! A late night 6 mile rollerblade around Lake Calhoun made the day packed full. But it certainly was a good one.

19 comments:

LisaP said...

Not crabby Amber, smart Amber. Be sure to add LisaP4JC@aol.com to that list or I would be sad. Love reading about all the planning. Have fun & god bless. We miss you.

Linda said...

Add me, add me!!! LLL90503@hotmail.com Would hate to miss out on a day in the life of Amber Luten! Love you and miss you so much! We sang, "Wings like angels today" - and did arm movements in honor of YOU!

Linda said...

oops - - "wings like eagles" - see I was thinking of you and that's why the "angels" came out!

Mollie said...

PLEASE ADD ME!!! THANKS!!!

Dina said...

I agree with LisaP that is smart. I would love to be added mayfieldg@sbcbglobal.net. We are still going through our beautiful pictures and will be ordering soon. Take care and God Bless. We miss you. Dina & Morgan

Unknown said...

Hi Amber -
I came across your blog not too long ago when doing an internet search for photography...love all your photos! After reading an entry or two I realized what an incredible testament you are to a journey of faith. I hope you'll let me continue on that journey with you.
efthole@gmail.com
-Liz

J, H, P, M, and M Sieve said...

We really want to receieve your blog comments still! We love you (really there isn't anything else to say)!
Jason, Holly, Presley, and Madison

tjackson80 said...

add me?

Luke & Bethany said...

Oh, Amber... I have been terrible at commenting! But I am THRILLED about the engagement... so thrilled. Please add me? Though I hope to be able to hear of your adventures while back at the sem - perhaps we'll have a class or two together?!

Kelly said...

I typed a whole long thing yesterday, but looks like it didnt go through.
Please add me... I want to be able to keep up with the adventures of Amber :-)

Love you and Miss you

aluhmann3 said...

Please add me to the list!!! i love you asm!!

Karishma said...

hello love, please add me to your private blog read list. its easier to read your blog than play phone tag!!!! :) i love you. call me when you get back from idaho! karishmakamath@gmail.com :)

Jodi said...

First of all.....Linda -- I was SO thinking of Amber too when we sang "wings like eagles" and imagined Amber in front of me doing the arms...I should've turned around to see you guys!! ;-)

Amber, I love you and love reading about your life and seeing your awesome photography. Please include me jpotter4@socal.rr.com on your list.

Jodi said...

to Linda -- I was SO thinking the same thing on Sunday when we sang that song and was imagining Amber right in front of me with her arm motions.....I should've turned around and looked at you guys.

Amber, I love you and love reading your blog -- keeping up with your life and your great photography. please add me jpotter4@socal.rr.com to your list!

Evelyn said...

Hi Amber, Please add me, too - SpildeRE@verizon.net. You have deeply touched our lives & our hearts this past year. I love reading your blog to stay connected. I think of you when I hear "It's Your Life" and remember how beautiful you sang it! Take care & God bless Kevin & you. We miss you.

Auntie Dana said...

I'm very sorry for not adding an official "congratulations" here. Most times, reading your blog makes me so sad 'cuz I miss you so much! I don't want to send lame comments...

ellencp1 said...

Hey, Amber
Would like to add my name to your list of approved readers/commenters if that is okay with you. Sorry not much commentary happened because you were with us so I could tell you in person...including my very happy congratulations! Take Care and give Kevin my best...Ellen
ellenp@lcgs.net

Ali said...

Hey Amber,
Found your Blog link on Facebook and have been reading about your journey and the amazing ways God has been working in your life. Would love to continue reading if you would add me. Thanks!

alibaba_29@hotmail.com

Kristi Kuhl said...

you shoul add me too. I like to read about all of your endevores and church work life/engagement as it gives me hopes for someday my church work as a youth minister k_kristi08@hotmail.com