Friday, July 10, 2009

wedding blog

Let the dress shopping begin! Girls weekend in the cities is underway. We were up and on the road by 8:00, and trying on dresses in Mankato by 10. Madison spent the morning with Grandpa Terry at his place, and Presley came with us to help! She tried on a couple of dresses too and on our way from the bridal shop said to Jason, "You should've seen me, I was the most beautiful princess ever!" Holly and I laughed for a good five minutes over that one! Even Holly tried on a few dresses today. I still have no idea what we're going to do for colors. Way too many to choose from, and lots of time to figure it out!

We enjoyed lunch with my dad before heading up toward the cities. Holly had never seen Gustavus before, so we stopped so she could see the church and her reaction was awesome. She loved it. We're just waiting now until August 1, so we can call and request our wedding date for next August. (Labor Day weekend is out given that it's new student orientation that weekend). We're hoping for the 14 or 28. Clear your calendars people! :) Presley and Madison practiced walking me down the aisle. Presley eventually married me, and Madison gladly looked on! Being on campus got me really excited for next year! Really only 13 months to go!

Chipotle for supper in St. Louis Park, then we picked up my love and drove up to Albertville for some speed shopping. On our way home we swung through Culver's to get a treat. Presley and Holly kept changing their orders after I placed them in the drive through, and eventually we started laughing so hard about it that I couldn't speak to finish our order. I apologized to the lady, and said, "Have you ever gotten the giggles in the drive through?" She replied, "Well, I never have, but other people do." Oops! My mom met us at the Bergeson's for our first night of the sleep over. Lynda let us all steam our rings and jewelry, and we all tucked in to bed to prepare for the blizzard in the morning!