Tuesday, March 10, 2009

hollywould enjoy this!

I have absolutely no idea how I can even begin to describe the fun today held for everyone. It was another exciting day for Holly, who got to see Hollywood, and Beverly Hills for the first time! We were greeted on Rodeo Drive by a hired city worker dressed in a top hat who said, "Welcome to Beverly Hills, you have arrived! Where are you from?" Gee, what makes you think we're from out of town? The 2 cameras hanging off Holly's neck? The clothes we're wearing from Target and Goodwill? The stroller with kids and diaper bags? We were made for Beverly Hills! :) I swear, Holly took a picture of every store front on Rodeo Drive. We went in a few, including the COACH store. Real coaches. I about impulse bought 10 things. Presley saw a cute little pink purse and said she wanted it. $180? I think not. Holly held her camera around her neck and we sneakily shot pictures off in the store. We never could've gotten away with this in the other stores. I was carrying Madison for part of the time as we walked along the street and some guy said to me, "Lucky little baby. Mommy is teaching her how to shop on Rodeo Drive." I'll pretend she's my child any day!

Once we finished drooling over all the merchandise we could not afford, we trucked over to Hollywood where we had lunch in the Hollywood mall, walked on the sidewalk of stars, saw the Kodak Theater, Chinese theater, El Capitan, and many other big Hollywood sights! No celebrities to report. Besides us that is. Presley made me read out loud the names of all the stars because she desperately wanted to find all the Disney characters. We found Mickey, Snow White, and Donald Duck. She was disappointed when we didn't find stars for Minnie and Daisy. Occasionally I'd joke and say a star said "Presley Sieve." She laughed. We each took a photo with a star, browsed the gift shops, got scolded by a security guard for taking our picture with a fake Academy Award statue, and got constantly reminded of it by Presley. Great memories!

To show them a better view of the city, we drove up to the Griffith Observatory. This was as close to the Hollywood sign as we could get, so driving up the windy roads provided much anticipation as we hoped to drive right up next to them. Obviously, that didn't happen. We did learn though that each letter is 50 feet tall and the sign used to say Hollywoodland! Presley and Madison we getting punchy toward the end of the night, so I got some hilarious pictures of them dancing on the rooftop at Griffith, and just being silly little sisters. I love them. We saw the planetarium, and even got to look through the biggest telescope in the world. I think we saw Venus. It wasn't that impressive. I was expecting to see people waving from the surface, but instead it was a blue glowing blob. The city was lit up for miles as we made our way back to the car. Once the sun goes down, the temperature drops to freezing, so we drove back through the city, and found a Pizza Hut for supper. While we were waiting for our pizza, Presley drove Madison around in her wheeled high chair. She backed her up and pushed her around like a go-kart. Poor Madison kept looking at us as if to say, "Are you people crazy? Don't let my wild sister push me in this thing!" Hawaiian pizza is my new favorite. Only, Presley loves pineapple, so she ate most of mine and ruined the effect. Oh well. The things you do for love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome time! I loved this entry. I tell ya, I need to go on vacation in my own state! But I will have to hire you as my guide. Loved the photos too!