Friday, March 6, 2009

they're here!!!

My goodness, after all that waiting, they're finally here! What a day!

The troops flew into Burbank after a 3 hour layover in Seattle. I made it with ten minutes to spare and anxiously waited as travelers walked through the door. Talk about torture. After standing there like a goof with my sign I finally saw them come walking down the hall! Presley came running, and for whatever reason, I lost it. Man, it's nice to have my family here! I asked Kevin to take as many pictures as possible of the girls on their first plane ride. He reported in that Presley giggled with glee each time the plane took off (twice with the layover), enough giggling that the people around her got joy from her excitement. They flew into Burbank, which is a really small airport. One terminal, so they got to walk off the plane onto the tarmac. What a cool memory! These first few photos are copyright Kevin D. Bergeson. What fine photography skills! It took us about two hours to get home from the airport with the Friday rush hour traffic on the 405. I finally believe what natives around here say, "The 405 means 4 or 5 hours!" So true!

Everyone is settled in. All 6 of us in the same house. It's a great thing. Bill and Jane so graciously offered to host everyone! We took a quick trip to the beach so Presley and Madison could see the ocean for the first time. Presley wasn't too keen about putting her feet in the water. I think she was afraid it'd take her out to sea or knock her over. Madison didn't like the loudness of the waves. It'll grow on them before they leave, I'm sure of it! I reminded them to watch for tar, but we all managed huge tar gobs on our feet by the time we were done. Man, it's gonna take kerosene to get this goop off. We grabbed supper at Marie Callendar's, a first for them, and now we're all ready for bed.

I'm going to stop right there and say that there won't be much to read for the next 7 days. Family comes before blogging. I'll fill in all the details once they've left. Thanks to everyone for your prayers for them! Have a great week. I know I will! :)

No comments: