Wednesday, March 4, 2009

no time to say hello, goodbye!

After getting two fingers pointed at me at church tonight for not blogging lately, I decided to write a quick one to let you know what's been going on. Basically, I've been sitting in the same position for the last 2 day straight doing one thing: sermon writing.

My family will be here in about 36 hours, my sermon is half done, and I hope to finish it before they get here. I'm preaching TWO services back to back on Sunday. I've been busy cleaning and preparing rooms for the troops when they arrive. I'm seriously so excited! Presley called me two days ago:

Me: Hello?
Presley: (in the most excited voice I've ever heard) Hi Auntie! Guess who I got a letter from in the mail today?
Me: (playing dumb) Who?
Presley: Mickey & Minnie!
Me: You lucky girl! What did it say?
Presley: It said they are getting the castle all clean and ready for us to get there!

Of all the things she remembered from the letter...leave it to a fellow "j" to say that! :) Holly said she jumped up and down the whole time the letter was being read to her. I wish I could've been there to see it. Tomorrow night they are driving up to Mendota Heights and all staying at the Bergeson's (thank you, Dave and Lynda!), and then hopping an early morning flight on Friday. I'm telling you all of this now because, let's face it: I won't have a moment to spare tomorrow! There's so much to do! Cars to trade, diapers to buy, car seats to install, and a pack-n-play to set up. Please keep them all in your prayers Friday morning! Time to try to finish my sermon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks ASM, I feel better now :)