Saturday, February 28, 2009

nanner and ming-ming

I got sunburned again today! It's February! Scott, Hannah, and I went out kayaking on the Pacific Ocean. The sun was hot; about 75 degrees. I have a tan line on my wrist from my hair tie. That's how intense it was. My arms, shoulders, and back are fried. I forget how powerful the sun is out here in the winter! We paddled through King's Harbor and looked at all the beautiful boats, then we braved it and went out of the harbor and out into the waves. It was much more choppy today than it was when Kevin and I went out last month. Sea lions were all over the place. They were barking loudly and swimming and jumping in the water the way dolphins do. It was fun to watch. Of course, they're pretty large animals, so we freaked when they got close to us. My favorite line of the day came from Hannah, "If they get too close, we'll just whap them with our paddles!" I like the way she thinks! No dolphins to report, though Hannah did see a few yesterday at the cove. I'm glad they both got to see all the cool ocean creatures that I often do. We were all pretty spent after so much time in the ocean, we took a break this afternoon and just lounged while watching t.v.

Sadly, I had to take Hannah back to the airport this afternoon. We had such a blast while she was here. Laughing, exploring, hiking, surfing, eating, kayaking, sleeping, and catching up. The Nanner and Ming-Ming time had to end. Now it's back to reality. Time to get to work on all the stuff I have to get finished before the family comes on Friday. 6 days. Will I get it all done?

2 comments:

Nina said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! I've got to admit I'm a little jealous- though I did go snowshoeing this weekend. Next weekend: swing dancing! Hope you are doing great, Amber Sue! Smiles!

SamanthaMarie said...

Sea lions and a sun burn?! What a blessed lady :D

Glad you got to enjoy some good, refreshing girl time. It is always lame when it has to end.

Blessings!!
-Samantha