Saturday, February 14, 2009

no wrinkles for me!

Happy Valentine's Day!

The young women's growth group met at my house this morning. It was fun to get up early to bake cinnamon rolls, and set the table up with all Jane's cute stuff! We spent the morning talking about how we might listen more to God. This continues to be an ongoing goal of mine. After everyone left, I was so tired, I went back to bed for two hours. What a life!

Valentine lunch with the Luhmann's was a nice touch. Rascals is about as romantic as you can get anyway. We even finished off our meal with a chocolate covered strawberry. This really needs to be an all-year-round kind of treat! I couldn't stay long, because I had a hot date. A webcam date with Presley & Madison. They they sat, in their matching "love" shirts, ready to greet me on the camera. It was a fun little visit. Madison finally started pointing at the computer because she recognizes me! YIPPEE! 3 weeks to go until they come to help me take over CA.

Tonight the youth hosted the Valentine Dinner at church. It's their one and only fundraiser for the year. All proceeds going to help give scholarships to students who need them. There's an idea. Let's stop doing fundraisers for ourselves. Why not help other people? My whole church experience as a child consisted of selling hoagies, wreaths, tickets, gift cards. One event: a four course meal complete with rack of lamb, salmon, and pork roast, mashed potatoes, salad, appetizers (including shrimp), and your choice of four different desserts. I tell you what, that's the way to have a fundraiser. $22 a ticket gets you all the food and entertainment you can handle for the night. Of course there was a silent auction going on as well. I bought a wrinkle reducing machine. No one bid against me, so I got the $350 machine for $100. Though, I got a lot of crap on my way out about me being the last person who needed the anti-wrinkle machine. I simply replied with, "in 50 years, you'll see why I got it, when I look exactly the same!" This thing better work!

I met my date at the dinner. Tom Schultgen's wife was out of town, so he and I decided we'd go together. He worked in the kitchen, and I took pictures all night, so it wasn't much of a date! Though we did manage to get a picture together when the night was all over. Love day should've been spent with Kevin, but the Good Shepherd family filled in nicely since Kevin wasn't here. Jane even brought home a balloon and a valentine treat for me. So thoughtful! Congrats to the youth group for such a great event!

1 comment:

Kevin Bergeson said...

Wish I could have been there, you looked beautiful! And the desserts looked good too!