Friday, February 20, 2009

whirlwind dreams

Some of you know about my dreaming issues. Almost every night, I dream in ridiculous amounts, only to wake up feeling exhausted. I remember almost every detail. Sometimes I hesitate to tell my dreams to other people, because they're so strange and I'm afraid they might really happen. Kevin usually listens if there's one I think might have some significance. Last week I was in the office, and decided to call Kevin to tell him about my dream. I'm running after three women who falsely accuse me of something, and I begin beating them up in a bathroom. Dave is in the office next to me, and I can hear the wheels on his chair roll back. He thought I had a violent side. Lesson learned: No dream telling in the office.

Side note: one of my real dreams in life is to get a picture of a tornado: back to story. Well, for the last few years, I've had the reoccurring dream of a tornado swirling in distance, I can see it with my own eyes, but either I can't find my camera or when I do find it, the battery is dead. Last night was different. I realize this next part may be hard to follow, but I think it's important. A whole group of people are sitting in a house, when all of a sudden it turns on its side. The house is glass. We're all looking down at the floor and can see hundreds of flowers that have been smashed by the house. My first thought, 'it's a tornado, where's my camera? I should get a picture of these flowers.' Surprisingly, it's at my feet, so I grab it and fumble to turn it on. Someone looks out the side of the house and confirms that they see a tornado. So, I put my laptop away (not sure why I'm stalling at this point), and walk over to the window. All I can see is a funnel wall. Not the skinny tornado of my dreams, you can't really even tell it's a tornado other than the fact that it's dark and scary looking. So, I begin taking pictures. The camera works, but it's not my dream shot. The only funnel looking shot I get is of a small white swirly hovering over a staircase, it's about 2-3 feet tall. I looked back through the pictures and realized none of them showed a funnel except the small white one. Holy Spirit? Holy cow? Not sure.

I spent the afternoon with one of our new young adults. She's a photography student and needed a model. So she asked me! Too funny. We went to Wayfarers, put on some funky clothes, and I pretended I knew what to do! :) Very fun. I'll share photos from it when I see them!

Sue Labate hosted the card-making stamp party tonight at her house. I look forward to this day each month. Wonderful women, delicious food, and beautiful cards. I hate to send them out, because they're so cool to look at, but since that'd be selfish, I take pictures and throw them in the mail. Maybe you'll be a lucky recipient this month! :) I'm ready for next month already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting dream, but being in California i think an earthquake would be more likely. At any rate, I hope all is well as it sounds like it.

Auntie Dana said...

Hey...did I give you a Guidepost magazine on one of your visits? Just yesterday I read a story in Guideposts about a tornado. I'll have to share it with you. Love the Holy Spirit watching over you in your dream! Maybe check with Janis Smith, Cheryl Wilton or Lisa Nelson further about your dream?