Tuesday, June 2, 2009

all hail the queen!

Tuesdays = LOTS of meetings. Bob and I are reaching the end of our supervisor/intern weekly meetings. I've learned so much from watching Bob, from his guidance, support and challenge, and surf lessons. He told me today that after my sermon on Sunday, he thought to himself, "my work here is done." What a kind affirmation from my mentor!

Luckily, my 12 hour day got broken up by a trip to San Pedro to check out the location for a wedding next summer. Yeah, did I mention that? I am getting flown out by Chris and Nikki next summer to shoot their wedding in San Pedro! FREE trip to CA for me in July! I'm so excited! They happen to be the nicest, most lovey-dovey couple I've ever worked with too, so that's a bonus! And they're getting married on the Queen Mary. A beautiful docked cruise ship. It's such a creative location, what a joy it will be to shoot a wedding there!

I've been busy preparing for the Focus Finders Art Show this Sunday. All the labels need to be made, prints are ordered and picked up, now it's time to do some mounting. That'll come later this week.

My night meeting with the ITF was my last scheduled sermon evaluation. Lots of last times have been happening lately. This is a sad one. I really love this group of people and have been so blessed to have such caring people rooting for me during this internship. Mark brought a cake that said, "Thank you Amber. The ITF." He told a hilarious story about how when he went to pick it up, the person on the phone misunderstood what he wanted the cake to say, so when he went to pick it up it said, "Thank you Amber. Thief." He got a new one. Should've kept the old one...cause that's just too stinkin' funny! Either way, it was delicious, final evaluation is around the corner, so we're busily preparing for that, and hopefully one more meeting to finalize this internship. They took turns sharing all the things they'd learned about me during this time. Here were a few funny ones:

-She doesn't like nuts, or raisins in her food.
-She has a flair for drama and singing
-She's one heck of a thrift shopper
-She's the greatest intern ever (ok, maybe I added that one) :)

Wow, they know me too well! :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I agree with the last comment... will miss you ;-( You have made a huge impact here at LCGS.