Thursday, June 25, 2009

home sticky home

I was up until 2:30 a.m. this morning trying to catch up on blog entries. I managed to type a few up on the ride home, so it didn’t take too long. But, without air conditioning, and without my car computer charger working too well, it was tough to get it all done. I feel much better now that I’m caught up a little.

It's nice to be home. To wake up to the sound of little feet running around, playing games with the girls, listening to Madison growl as she runs around the house. Presley came down to check on us about 5 times this morning to see if we were awake. After all the excitement of getting home, we were zonked. By 11:00 we figured we should probably wake up. But dang, is it humid and sticky here. Time to head to the Lakefield Pool. Holly whipped up some delicious homemade macaroni & cheese for lunch, and off we went to the pool. We decided that since I'll be watching the girls for a while this summer, we better get a family pass. 8 trips is all it'll take to use it up! It was awesome to see how much more confident Presley has gotten in the water. Jumping in, swimming off on her own with her life jacket on. She walked up to the top of the slide, I was waiting at the bottom to catch her, but she climbed back down. Not quite ready for the slide yet. Madison would probably jump right in if we'd let her. She's fearless by the water.

About 90 degrees. We went down slides, splashed around, and got lots of sun. I loaded up on the sunscreen all over but forgot to do my lower back. Oh wow...am I ripe now. As red as a cherry! The girls had a blast, and when Madison got tired, we left for home.

Holly and Jason invited all our family out for supper tonight as a welcome home treat for us! Not sure if it was a welcome home party, but we'll pretend it was just to make me feel good! Kevin, Presley and Paul shucked the corn, then my mom and I reshucked it inside to get off all the hair they had left behind. :) Hamburgers, brats, cheesy hash browns, and corn on the cob. I figured out where my love of corn comes from. My mom ate two ears, as did Holly and Presley. Even Madison had 3 half pieces and kept saying, “More!” I got to see Mersaydes for the first time in months! She is getting so big! Walking all over the place. She doesn't say much, or even smile that much, but she has no idea who I am at this point, so hopefully that'll change soon. We went outside to take a family picture, Eric and Jackie were going to leave, and all of a sudden, Presley walked out of the garage holding a wiffle ball bat, and the most spontaneous game of girls vs. boys softball got underway! Presley was the hitting queen! She’d round the bases and yell for all to hear, “I’m home! Auntie, I’m home!” Making sure everyone knew she had made it safely around the bases. I’m pretty sure the girls whooped the boys, and both balls were completely crushed by the end of the night. It was still humid as all get out at 8:30 and the bugs were biting so we decided to call it a night! Presley didn't want to stop. I think she knew just how good she had gotten and wanted to keep practicing. I think they better get her in tee ball this summer to keep sharpening her skills! A rematch is sure to come soon and I want Presley on my team!

No comments: