Friday, June 5, 2009

tired of pictures

I never thought I'd see the day when the sight of pictures made me sick. Welcome to my day. About 120 11 x 14's and 12 x 18's needed to be mounted today. Needless to say, I ended up doing almost all the work. Thanks to the relief efforts by Linda and Amy, my time commitment was shortened. We went through about 20 glue sticks in an attempt to get them all mounted on sturdy backings. Everybody loves to submit a photo, but not everyone loves to help put them together. We're going to need a full troop of people to get this show up and ready by Sunday! It's going to be an incredible show. Lots of color, texture, sunsets, and locations represented in the art work. Lots of work also. Regardless of how much work it has been, I'm so excited to have coordinated such a unique event. Some people submitted up to 12 prints each. I did 9. All the proceeds are going to benefit the hospital Good Shepherd has helped build in Uganda. I hope we sell them all!

One of our mounting board orders needed to be cut, so Amy and I made a trip to West High School to visit Kelly and Linda, and made the necessary cuts. That high school is like a prison. No flowers, bushes, or pretty things. It needs a little makeover, but it was still cool to see. Classroom doors on the outside. No hallways needed. After all the cutting, gluing, mounting, and sore feet from standing, once again, I'm spent. Not sure how I'm going to get through these next 2.5 weeks with all there is to be done. I wish I could just go hop in my car and go home just so I don't have to go through all the final stuff. Evaluations, sermons, songs, classes, shows, good byes. AHH! No fun.

No comments: