Thursday, June 18, 2009

love arrival

Surf’s up! Ok, not really. After 10 months, I suck at surfing. Today was cool because we went to surf at the place where I first surfed, but I never really rode a wave. It’s true, surfing is the hardest sport ever! Salt water is not made to be swallowed, and I figured that out fast when I would up throwing up in the water. Grr!

I just can’t get this sermon done. I’ve been trying to find time all week to just crank it out, but no such luck. I sit down, and manage to find other things that seem more important to do. My perfectionism issues have definitely decreased and there’s evidence this week as I’ve managed to procrastinate on all the final stuff.

I went to church still wet from surfing to do a few odd things. Camille stopped by the office while I was there and delivered a hand made gift. She made me my first stole! It’s awesome in every way. Quilted to perfection. She even included a little tag on the back that proves it was hand made by her. Too bad I can’t really wear it yet. I’ll admire her fine work until the day I can officially put it on! Thanks Camille!

Kelly and Amy checked with me to see if I’d make time for a manicure and pedicure. Of course! Vera is still getting fixed (we’re up to $550 more at this point) so Kelly and Amy picked me and my four boxes up, took them to the post office for mailing, and headed over to Unique Nails for some pampering. It’s been a long time since I got a mani/pedi. My extroverted nature got shut down as I had my hands and feet done. The artist doing it didn’t speak any English. She would ask the lady next to her to translate everything, and was more curious about the huge bandage on my leg than talking to me. Sad. I don’t feel comfortable hearing someone speak Japanese when they’re working on my feet. Who knows what she was saying! Regardless, she did a fantastic job! The Luhmann’s treated me to a French tip set on both fingers and toes. They looked so pretty when we left.

Finally, at 7:30 Kevin’s plane arrived early, and I picked him up from the airport. We shared Chipotle supper together, and just about forgot to go to run through to practice my song for Sunday. Oops. Time to keep working on this sermon. I’d much rather get some packing done, but I can’t really put it off any longer.

No comments: