Friday, June 26, 2009

engagement song

No little feet. No little hands opening my bedroom door. Where are they? Jason, Holly and the girls left for a weekend camping trip leaving Kevin and I alone to close up the house and be on our way. We headed up through Mankato to stop and have lunch with my dad. He managed to show up at Applebee's about 30 minutes early. We figured out why later when our waitress and 3 others walked up with 2 desserts singing the "Happy Engagement" my dad helped compose. It was adorable. After we finished lunch, we headed over to the Honda dealership to check out a few used cars. I know it probably hurt Vera's feelings, but she and I are about to go our separate ways. She probably knows. I'm not sure what I'll end up getting, but both Kevin and I think it would be nice to get some kind of little SUV with a rack on top for two kayaks, and enough towing capacity for a small sailboat or a jet ski! :) We made it safely back to St. Paul with no additional car trouble. Thank you, God! Dave and Lynda had us over for supper, and the boys washed Vera after her long trek from CA. Wow, what a crazy week this has been. Over 2,000 miles, catching up with all those we love, and many more people to see! It's exciting!

No comments: