Friday, June 12, 2009

i love lilly pads

As my time gets shorter and shorter, my days get fuller and fuller (yeah, those aren't words, but who cares)! The marathon training continues. 3 miles today. I worked all afternoon. We sold a bunch more photos today for the show. Up to 68 prints sold. It's incredible how successful the Focus Finders event has been. I was sitting in the CLC today with the photos and a young woman (my age) stopped in and was looking at them. Immediately, I recognized her as a person of peace. Very kind and engaging. We chatted for a few minutes, and then she offered to pray for me. I wanted to pray for her too, but didn't want her to think I was only doing it because she did it for me, so we went our own ways. She out one door, me kicking myself out the other for not just praying for her. About 10 minutes later, she came into the office to tell me she decided she wanted to buy a print. So, I went back with her, and figure the Holy Spirit was giving me a second chance. So, we prayed again. I don't know why I freak out sometimes when I am given the chance to speak God's love to someone else through prayer. What a wonderful example of those people of peace who enter our lives if only for a few minutes. I'm thankful for her today.

I was asked a few days ago to record a Hawaiian Wedding Song in Hermosa Beach. It's called "Forever." I figured it sounded like fun. I love recording. So, I went, was there for only 30 minutes, sang a few things, and walked out rich! I need to get a few more singing gigs. Now I can go put some new front tires on my car. Dang when the money goes down the drain so quickly!

Another photo shoot tonight at this sweet little Japanese garden in Torrance. I had no idea it was there. Tucked in the middle of a bunch of buildings. We found turtles, fish, and lilly pads! My favorite! After that I had 'the last supper' with the Luhmann's at Rascal's. I don't think I've ever taken a photo of the teriyaki splat, so here's one so I can always remember the best treat ever. I'm going to start counting down the days until I get to come back so I can have Rascal's again! After supper, I went back to church to work a little longer on a few photo orders. Well, that turned out to be not such a good idea when I found myself stuck in my office at 11:30 while strange voices walked around outside the office door. I shut the light off and got down on the floor to see under the door. There was a guy in a red flannel shirt sitting on the steps. Immediately, my heart started racing. I texted Bob, and Pam answered and came to my rescue. She loves that detective kinda stuff, so she raced over and saved me. There just aren't enough hours in the day right now to get things finished. Evaluations due, sermons to write, photo CD's to send out, packing to start--AHH!

No comments: