Monday, June 15, 2009

cool whip butt

The title of this blog is in honor of Presley, who, for whatever reason will from time to time call me a cool whip butt. It's fitting for today! Bad news or good news first? Always better to end on a good note.

Bad. The people working on my car are being really rude, and talking to me like I don't know squat about anything. It's still not working. Not sure I can drive all the way to MN without a speedometer. C'mon people! Please pray for Vera. She needs a lot of work from the sounds of it.

Good. The prayer ministry team asked me to come in early this morning so they could pray for me. I wound up bawling my eyes out again as they continued to ask the Spirit to move mightily through me. Also, my final meeting with the young adult life group tonight was a wonderful evening to celebrate God's goodness to all of us. I have great confidence that this group will go on to do amazing things in the future, and that God is going to bless them with much fruit! We celebrated with prayer (more bawling for me), some hammer dulcimer playing, and brownie sundaes. Kelly wanted to take a picture of me with my sundae, so I invited Robin into the picture with me. My plan was to get a little whipped cream on her nose. As you can see, the plan went south quickly when the whole tower tipped over onto her shirt. Her expression is priceless. Thank goodness she wasn't mad at me. We laughed for a long while after when we saw her expression on the camera.

No comments: