Tuesday, June 16, 2009

RodeOH baby!

Well, my car has been transferred in to the hands of a new mechanic. The Arco guy sent me off telling me the problem with my car was a wiring issue and that it had a recall. I was delighted to hear that a VW dealership should replace the problem for me for free. When I called Pacific VW, the guy informed me there was no recall on my car. LIARS! So...I decided to take my car elsewhere, because the Arco men are not trustworthy. We'll see what happens.

Amy and I took a trip up to Rodeo Drive today. It was her first time! FIRST! My fourth! She has lived here her whole life and had never been to Beverly Hills. That's just sick if you ask me. So, we went to Tiffany to exchange our necklaces because mine was defective, and Amy wanted a different one. Then we went to the Coach store where we found a Coach surfboard in the window, and $40 colorful Coach shoes on sale. I bought two different pairs. They were too cute and cheap to pass up, and from Rodeo Drive! Of course, I had to call Holly and my mom right away to tell them the exciting news! We ran to another mall to pick up the other pair of shoes, and because we were in a hurry, we parked in the 'expectant mother' space near the elevator. I stuck out my tummy and started talking about my cankles, and nobody suspected a thing! Just for the record: I am not with child.

We drove back down the 405 to pick up Kelly, and then got back on it for our trip to the Del Mar Fair in San Diego. We have had Phil Vassar tickets for months, and finally we got to go to the concert. Amy bought 4 tickets, and at the last minute, one was unspoken for, so I invited a friend of mine from high school to come with us. Shelby and her husband Jake just moved to San Diego 3 weeks ago, so it was a perfect chance to see her before I left. We had a few hours to walk around the fair and enjoy corn dogs, carmel apple sundaes, and cinnamon rolls. Jason, Holly, and I have this running joke about spas at the fair thanks to our favorite comedian Bill Engval. So, the spa man was kind enough to let me hop in one. All the junk you can buy at the fair. It's hard not to laugh at some of the stuff they sell. We got to walk through the photography exhibit. Wow. I thought the Focus Finders were good: this was incredible! Hundreds of photos in every category under the sun! We got table seats at the concert so had a great view. Phil was pretty good. He sang all the classics, but he had one small problem. Well, it wasn't small, it was massive. He pointed a lot! He'd hold the mic with one hand and point toward the crowd with the other. It got so out of hand we decided to keep a tally: 163 times. Someone needs to let him know about that. By the time the show was over, it took us 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot, and 2 hours to get home. Despite the drive time, it was a great way to spend the day!

2 comments:

Kristi Kuhl said...

Sounds like a great time...enjoy the last moments while they last.

Gino said...

seem your having the time of your life there in the south bay.
i grew up there, and got memories up the yazoo.

there aint a better place to hang out, i'll tell ya that.