Monday, January 19, 2009

4 hours!

No, it's not what you think! Not in meetings, sermon writing, or preparing for a class. 4 hours playing sand volleyball on the beach! This morning I rode my bike down Torrance Blvd. (on the sidewalks, because I don't have a helmet) and hopped on the bike path that can take you all the way up the coast. I didn't ride up the coast, just down to Redondo Beach where I spent the next 4 hours playing the sport I love most! The Coco's are a family from church who love to play, and I've been begging them to call me when they go. So, today was the day! It was so hot and humid. We won some, lost some, and made some great new CA friends. The were a fun group to play with. All the other players are super tan from playing, and I'm still looking like an albino (without a six pack). So, I held off shedding my shirt until I couldn't take it anymore. I never expected using sunscreen in the middle of January, but I did today after there were noticeable tan lines from my shorts and bra. I can't keep my hair dark either. The sun we've had these last two weeks is lightening it so much. I use dark brown Aveda conditioner that deposits color in it so it doesn't turn blonde, but the sun is too powerful. Good problem to have, I guess. Oh, and the dolphins and surfers were out in full force all day long. I couldn't believe how the waves held up for hours.

Like mother, like daughter, I got a headache from all the sun exposure (I drank tons of water, so don't even go there), so came home to take a quick nap that quickly turned in to a 3 hour deep sleep. I guess I needed that. My head is still hurting despite the web-cam head massage and hug Kevin gave me. It was a good try. Thanks, love. Time for a technology break. Adios!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, you deserve some of that :-

Anonymous said...

Just a few more sit-ups for the
both of us and eventually we'll
have the 6 packs also. You will
get there first.
What great fun I'm sure you had.
I agree with Karishma, where was
the heat when we was there.