Saturday, January 10, 2009

when you wish upon a star

Where else could you get a suntan (outside) while working on a sermon in January? No other than sunny California! I knew there would come a day when I'd want to call all the suckers in MN and brag. Today was the day. Thank you God! Oh, and I finally got "Joy to the Warsh" and "The Magnificat" up on youtube. I can't stop laughing at Presley's video! Enjoy. A morning run (3rd day in a row--yeah me), brunch with Julie, sermon writing outside, sermon writing inside, and a bowl of peppermint ice cream to boot. After Jacob's Well on Wednesday, and all the tough questions that raised, I've been sermonizing all day. This whole issue of judgmentalism is a hard one. But for the record, it's 9:00 and I'm done with my sermon.

Speaking of time, I was struck by something today. I went to put a Creamy Rigatoni meal (Healthy Choice meals rock!) in the microwave. 5 minutes. I went about doing a few other things, and before I knew it, the timer went off. 5 minutes had passed in what seemed like 1 minute. Is this what it's like to get old? Not only does time fly when you're having fun. It flies. Period. Crap. Makes me regret wishing the years by when I was younger. Wishing I could drive. Wishing I could move out. Wishing I had a job. Wishing I was done with college. No more wishing. I'm going to enjoy it, because before I know it, this internship, this life, they'll be over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So True... It all just goes by so dang fast.