Thursday, January 15, 2009

go kings go!

ticket to a LA Kings hockey game = $11.00
buying a carmel apple at the game = $6.00
parking in a creepy alley = $5.00
watching men kick the crap out of each other = priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else, there's recycling money.

A few highlights of my day today:
1. I brought down all the recycling I've been collecting over the last month or so. Grand total for all that hard work...$5.62. Not quite what I was hoping for, but heck, it helped pay for a few groceries!

2. I sat in on a funeral planning session today (a first for me) and not only get to help out at the service, but get to sing the solo too. I've learned a lot this week about visitation and death. Valuable stuff.

3. I received an itinerary e-mail from Hannah confirming that she's coming to visit in a little over a month. Ooh, fun to be had for sure!

4. My friend, Brian (a hard core hockey fan) invited me to a Los Angeles Kings vs. Detroit Redwings game tonight at the Staples Center in downtown LA. I gotta admit, it was more fun than I thought it was going to be. I can see why people like it--especially guys. Men throwing punches every 3 minutes, half dressed women on "ice duty" skating around with shovels (every sport, seriously!), penalty boxes (aka "timeout"), and unruly fans shouting from the nosebleed section as if the players can hear them on the ice! They gave out free hats to the first 5,000 people. We were 5,001 and 5,002 so we just missed them. I tried not to mope throughout the game. I ended up losing an earring at some point in the night--perhaps when I turned into an unruly fan--so we ended up running down to the lost and found on our way out. No earring, but two free hats that had been left behind, so we scored two hats in the end!

No comments: