Tuesday, January 20, 2009

many many milestones!

Watching President Obama's Inauguration via captions at Bally's this morning just didn't do it for me. I could hardly workout. I was glued to the TV, trying to take in each word he said. But I wasn't alone. The treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes were packed full of people who didn't lower their eyes for a second from the big screen. When I got home, Jane was manning the TV as well, and luckily recorded it so I can actually hear what he said. What a huge milestone for our country. The hope, anticipation, energy, and achievement makes me so proud.

I took a look at the calendar today and realized something, not only was this a milestone for Obama and the US, but for me as well. Today marks my official half way point in this internship. 5 months from now, I'll be loading up Vera and heading back to MN. Where has the time gone?

And if that's not cool enough, Kelly and I hit up Pinkberry (her first time--imagine that, I introduced her to something new in CA!), then we hopped in the car, drove all the way to Whittier, CA so I could make a purchase that I'd been anticipating for 2 years...ever since I met Hannah. I am the proud new owner of a pair of Chaco sandals. I found them on Craigslist, had to drive 30 miles to get them, but only paid $30 for a brand new pair! The woman selling them was very kind and boy was I glad to take them off her hands! I'm ready to do some serious hiking when Hannah gets here! Kelly and I are making another early morning run to the gym, so I gotta get to bed. I wonder if I can wear my Chaco's on the treadmill??

3 comments:

hannahgjohnson said...

I'm so excited! Yeah for chacos! And for Obama....of course, but now you can have a cool tan like me :)

MD said...

Congrats on the New Chacos, you'll never go back :-) and the tan is definatly a great bonus.

Anonymous said...

I would say that chacos wouldn't be the best option for the tread mill, you would probably get a blister :-P