Thursday, January 8, 2009

highway robbery

3 bras, and 13 pairs of undies. Retail cost for all of them at Victoria's Secret = $315. The bras alone were $50 each originally. I never used to shop at VS, but lately I've become addicted. Since the moment I got here it started with one little bag, and grew into (today) a huge one full of wonderful treasures! Plus, I had a nice long conversation with my sister on her birthday while I shopped. Bonus!

So, after hitting VS during their Semi-Annual Sale, plus a $10 coupon, a free undies coupon, and that $15 gift card I found on the ground in MN, all 16 items cost me $65. That's what I like to call "highway robbery!" And by golly, I deserve it! I stepped out of the car at the mall (wearing my white Coach shoes), slipped on a puddle of Starbucks smoothie that had been spilled on the ground, and almost wiped out. So much for white shoes. They got thrown in the washing machine tonight, and came out cleaner than they started. Maybe it was a good thing. So, while I was doing laundry, I had a real ESFJ moment by going through all my dresser drawers, taking out the clothes, refolding, color coding, and putting them all away again. For whatever reason, I can't work when things aren't in place. The rest of this pig pen is coming together. I'll finish it tomorrow, then begin my sermon. When I walked in the door, Jane heard the sound of my shopping bags and was eager to ooh and ahh over it all. She and I went out to the mall Monday night and stopped in VS. I almost bought a bra then for $26, but thought it was a little too flashy for me (it's not). When I pulled it out of my bag tonight and told her I snagged it for $14.99, she was thrilled. She'll be there tomorrow to get herself some goodies I'm sure! Well, my body is tired after an early morning run (yes, you read that right, I'm back at it), a long 3 hour meeting this afternoon, and a few awesome God moments. More on that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VC has found Amber or is it the other way around???
I've always known if there is a deal to be found you will find it.
Example the freebies at the thrift
store. Love Dad