Thursday, January 15, 2009

hot lava cake

Wednesday = NO MEETINGS! I get really excited when I have a whole day devoted to getting work done with no two hour meetings. I spent the morning working from home, networking, planning, e-mailing. Then I went to work and realized something: I'm going to be here all night for the Ordinary Hero supper, I'm going to take a few hours for ME! So, I headed down to Redondo Beach, stopped at a bead store for a few things, then went down to the beach! People were sunbathing, some even in the ocean (though that's nuts, because without a wetsuit, it's freezing), others were walking and running. So, I did what anyone in their right mind would do--called up Kevin to say, "Guess where I am? Listen closely!" He's not the right one to call, because he's actually happy for me! I need someone who'll say, "No fair!" just to make me feel good! :)

On my way back to church, I ran into Goodwill. Found some awesome things! A new Tommy Hilfiger swimsuit with the tags still attached, a teal dress, and a COACH sunglasses holder that matches the purse I already have. It all cost me $10. I love bargains! I ran across this hot pink sweatshirt and just about bought it, but figured that I'm only going to be a Californian for 5 more months, so it wouldn't be worth it. Cute though!

Ellen asked me to take a few pictures of her daughter today for a school application. We took about 60 pictures in a matter of 20 minutes. When we brought them back to show Ellen, she was so happy with the way they turned out, she started crying. I'm so thrilled that God has given me the ability to use a camera. Steph was a doll and fun to photograph. I miss doing more of that. Maybe I should start advertising my business down here so I can do what I love more often. Lisa Strom taught me a few new photoshop tricks today (as you can see on the beach photos), so I've been putzing with that all night. I don't want to go to bed, because it's too fun to mess with! This could be bad!

Supper tonight was amazing. More meat and potatoes! Oh, and individual chocolate lava cakes with homemade whipped cream. Yes, please! A great celebration for all the hard work and vision people at GS have been supporting! It's awesome to see!

2 comments:

SamanthaMarie said...

Bargains are the best!! :D

While you couldn't get the reaction you wanted from your friend I will give it to you...
"NO FAIR!!"
I wish I could be taking pictures at the beach.
(:

Karishma said...

NO fair Brosie.. Why wasn't it 80 some degrees on Redondo Beach when I was there!!!!!