Wednesday, January 14, 2009

good morning miss amber!

The most adorable thing I heard today came out of the mouths of 40 preschoolers when they said, "Good morning Miss Amber!" I taught 3 sessions of preschool chapel this week and told the story of Moses and the parting of the Red Sea. The first class I taught, I told about Pharaoh's army coming after God's people, and how scared they were. BIG MISTAKE with preschoolers. I could tell they were terrified. Good going, Miss Amber! So, I learned my lesson and withheld that information for the next two groups. When I asked them what kinds of things they take with them on a trip (as God's people packed their things), they all said, "don't forget your blankie!" Sounds just like something Presley would say! I skateboarded home for lunch today and was a display of public humiliation 3 times. Once I got going so fast downhill that I couldn't stop, so I had to bail off my board, and ran into the grass. Just about took out some landscaping. My board kept going down the hill, so I had to chase it. It didn't help that I was skateboarding in flip flops, and was trying so hard to keep them on. Lesson learned.

Snow Emergency or Heat Advisory! Gee...which one might I be in? And which one might Minnesotans be in right now? What a difference 1946 miles makes! :) Poor Kevin says, "it's freezing here" every time I talk to him. I'm wearing a tank top, skirt, and flip flops. Enough said.

I forgot about growth group tonight (shame on me), but in love was handed the book we're reading called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I went to the book's website and checked out the video called "The awe factor of God." Wow, how great is God! How big God is! How little we are! Check it out if you'd like to be in a state of awe for a moment.

After a wonderful supper at Chip Chip with Alicia, planning a National Day of Service event, 2 meetings, and an ITF meeting tonight, I'm completely zonked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for Kevin. Burr!!!
International Falls had -42
below the other morning. Here
in central Minnesota we were
only -15. Tonight there talking
-20 with wind chills even colder.
Enjoy the heat wave....
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

aww, that is too cute "Miss Amber". Enjoy the warmth

Jodi said...

LOVE that book by Francis Chan! You know he is somewhat local too, right? An awesome speaker if you get a chance to catch him.