Sunday, January 25, 2009

highs and lows

Low: I'm trying really really really hard not to be disappointed right now. I can't help it. I spent all afternoon contacting people on Craigslist for our bowling event tonight. I exchanged multiple e-mails with a few folks, even set up a place where we could meet at the bowling alley. After about 30 minutes of waiting and watching, I got stood up by all of them. What's up with that? I feel like my energy, time, and care were wasted. Luckily, there were 3 other Good Shepherd people there. But the point is to reach out to new people, and nobody brought a friend. I am trying to make these events for other people--especially when they're off campus--an even easier opportunity to invite. It seems a waste when there are no new people there. Ministry can be so discouraging sometimes. Despite that, the four of us had a great time. I bowled the best came of my life: 198. 5 spares and 5 strikes in a row (6 total). We gave each other nicknames for game. I quickly became "craig" since I got stood up by Craigslist people.

High: Goodwill had a sale today: all clothing $2. So, I bought two skirts, a t-shirt and this great $4 Timbuk2 backpack that I can use to carry my laptop when I'm skateboarding or biking. The store was jam packed full of people, so it wasn't quite as peaceful as browsing usually is, but it made for great people watching. Oh, and I got to talk to Presley on the phone today. I think I got her to a point where she's excited to come and see the ocean. She asked if there were sharks. Then she said just she and Madison were coming alone without mommy and daddy. Those would be interesting travel arrangements if it were up to her...what a kid! 6 weeks from now they'll be here for a week of fun! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Karishma said...

you work really hard and i'm very proud of you.. look back in the past to your successes.. what a huge difference you've made out there!! it's hard not to be disappointed and i'm sorry those silly people didn't stick to their word! hey - they missed out on a great night of fun and to meet THE most coolest person i know! :) what preparations are you making to get ready for the Sieve Family?