Sunday, November 2, 2008

54 days!

Is it over already? Man, this trip home went WAY too fast. We packing in a whole host of fun activities. I had never been trick-or-treating with Presley before, so, why not fly all the way back from CA for it? Say cheese! Today was our annual family photo shoot day. (Ok, let’s face it: we have about 5 a year, but this is really the big one—Christmas card photo!). I was faced with my biggest challenge this weekend: Paul had to work this morning, so I had to take a picture of him last night and insert his body in the group photo. I’m not thrilled with it, but it’s the best I can do at two different times of day. The girls all looked adorable in their bright red dresses. We snapped a few pictures inside, then went outside and smiled until we couldn’t feel our fingers anymore. It was a chilly one this morning! Hugs goodbye, a quick breakfast, and we were on the road again.

Dave & Lynda Bergeson (Kevin’s parents) welcomed me back when we arrived in St. Paul. We took their family Christmas photos as well (650 pictures taken this weekend), and went out for a yummy lunch at the St. Croix Broiler. I’m writing this portion of my entry from about 100 miles in the air on Delta flight #4551. It’ll be good to get back to my normal sleep and food patterns. My eyes are sagging and my heart is sad. Only 54 days until I am home for Christmas.

Kelly Luhmann picked me up from the airport and greeted me with a hug and a "welcome home Amber" sign. I'm confused...where exactly is my home?

No comments: