Friday, November 7, 2008

fliers, fliers, flying higher!

Wow, this morning was incredible. Amy, Melissa, and I went to El Camino College in Torrance and handed out 300 fliers this morning for our game night! That's all I printed. I thought for sure it'd take us forever to get rid of them! Boy was I wrong! Next time I'll know better! It only took us about an hour to hand deliver them! We stood on the bridge that connects the parking lots to the school. Almost every student who goes to class passes by us! Two evangelism highs in one week! Unbelievable! We got approached by the El Camino Police Department 3 times while we were there. So, we invited the officers, and on our way out were told that we'd need a permit to continue to hand them out. Amy replied, "Oh well, we're done anyway!" Maybe next time we'll get the ok before showing up! :)

I enjoyed a lunch in the sun with Amy Luhmann. We drove down to Redondo Beach and had lunch at Ruby's Diner. Chicken strips and a caramel shake! YUM! As I was running Amy back to her house, we saw a sweet Christmas tree sweatshirt in the window of Goodwill, so I went back to check it out. :) Though I didn't buy the shirt, I did find a pair of white COACH shoes! $7! Ah! That's a steal! I have no idea if they're real or not, but shoot, I don't care. I took a picture of them so you could see just how cute they are.

My day off has been quite action packed. Sue Labate (from my intern task force) invited me to join her and a few of her friends for a card-making night. I love making crafts, so obviously, I jumped at the invitation to join them. What a lovely bunch of women. One woman prepared 5 cards for us to do, so we assembled, stamped, embossed, colored, and taped them all together. They turned out great! I can't decide if I want to actually give them to someone, or if I want to keep them for myself! :) Our hostesses also baked up some yummy spiced tea and chocolate covered cream puffs for our enjoyment. I'm so thankful for these opportunities to get to know GS people on a more personal level. Thanks for the fun Sue!

Late night Friday: Brian Stearns and I headed down to the Hermosa Pier and put 325 fliers on the cars down there. Holy cow, on a Friday night, that is definitely the place to be. Honestly, it took us longer to find a parking spot than it did to pass them out! I gotta say, 625 fliers in one day: Not bad. My poor little tootsies are tired. Oh, I also put another ad on Craigslist tonight, and when I got home, 6 people had replied that they were coming! Wow. I am really excited to see who actually comes tomorrow night! Please be praying for these people that God will work mightily through them and bring them to the event. Good night!

No comments: