Wednesday, November 12, 2008

deck the hills--beverly hills!

There was a ton of awesome activity today. Here are the top 10! (in chronological order)

#10- 5:30 surf lesson. I didn't surf worth a crap, but Bob brought his underwater case for his camera, and we took some fun shots. I'll put them up for you to see as soon as I get them!

#9- a rousing Jacob's Well Bible study--talking about money is always fun!

#8- eating leftover Rascals for lunch

#7- taking a much needed afternoon off and driving up the 405 for the first time ALONE! I'll admit, it was a little nerve-wrecking, but I did it!

#6- finding an amazing deal on Craigslist to get my hair done at Nelson J salon in Beverly Hills.

#5- arriving early to the salon, allowing me time to walk 2 blocks over to Rodeo Drive!! to snap some cool photos and walk around like a big wig!! Their Christmas theme is "Deck the Hills" in Beverly Hills. Pretty funny!

#4- seeing my first celebrity! The guy who hosted the MTV reality show From G's To Gents. Fonzworth Bentley.

#3- getting my hair cut and colored (a $295 value at this salon) for $30!! An apprentice cut part of my hair, but an expert came and did all the major cutting. I got to sit under the dryer a few times, got my hair washed with Aveda products, and was treated like a celebrity! I even had Nelson J himself touch my hair. Man, that's the life.

#2- waiting in a parking garage for 15 minutes (still not sure what was going on below), people were getting annoyed, but I just sat there and talked to Kevin while we were waiting. When I pulled up to the teller to pay she said, "It's FREE for waiting." (It would've cost me $14.)

#1- arriving back at church to find a package sitting on my desk from Kevin. The journal, some play foam, a finger trap, and earplugs. Still not sure what they're all about, but it was a nice surprise!
The long drive home took about 2 hours. Grr...but it was a nice chance to slow down, proudly show my MN license plates and be nice to fellow drivers! :)

No comments: