Saturday, November 29, 2008

magicalifornia mountain

Ever since we drove by Magic Mountain (Six Flags) on our way to the National Youth Workers Convention, I've been dying to go! The view from the road is Valleyfair x 10! Oh baby! Lucky for me, my dad loves roller coasters too, so we went today and had a ball. We hit all 10 roller coasters, and rode them in every position possible: on our backs-backwards down, on our stomachs flying through the air, standing up, sitting down, man, they have the best rides there! Superman goes from 0-100 mph in 6 seconds. We waited an hour and a half to get on the first ride and had enough of that, so we headed to the far end of the park and walked on all the roller coasters we wanted. Our longest wait after that was 30 minutes. I got to ride Batman the Ride, and even had my picture taken with a real live Batman. He wouldn't smile, so I did! We thought it was pretty funny that "Goliath" the ride had huge letters in the front of it. One being an "a" and the other a "t"! A woman was kind enough to take our photos next to our first initial. A few of the rides were neck breakers. I might need to see a chiropractor this week after all the jerking and jolting I did. More incentive to ride the newer rides. Even though the wait is longer, the smoothness is worth it. Of course, I snuck the camera on for many roller coaster photos. I can't believe I didn't get caught for all the photos I was able to take. The park was playing gobs of Christmas music, and all the characters were wearing holiday scarves and hats. It it really winter? I walked around today in shorts and a tank top. It's hard to believe Christmas is less than a month away! The weather is really messing me up!
Magic Mountain is about 45 miles north of Torrance--meaning we had to take the 405 the whole way there! We got lucky on traffic though. We made it there right at 10 when it opened, and left at 6 when it closed. We were back home by 7. It's an interstate miracle!

Tonight I got a chance to paint my fingernails! That's what I like to do on a day off! After two days of REAL vacation, it's time to go back to work tomorrow. 5 services (including the Advent Festival), that'll make for a long day! I hope we can spend the afternoon sleeping. I need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!