Sunday, November 2, 2008

finding focus

It was a strange sound this morning to hear rain pinging & panging the roof of the house. I wasn't surprised: I scheduled an outdoor fellowship event in the no-rain zone, and it's raining on the day! :) Luckily, it cleared up by 9:30, and was dry enough for our Focus Finders outing this afternoon.

Today was the final day of the Fantastic Five sermon series. We commissioned each member to step out in faith and take on their new role from Ephesians 4 as a pastor, teacher, evangelist, prophet, or apostle. I'm excited to see how each person takes on their role to build up the body of Christ on earth. My prayer today has been that each man, woman or child who may be doubting their importance would confidently trust that God is gifting them to be part of the team.

The Focus Finders headed down to the Redondo Pier this afternoon. God blessed us with such lovely weather, icecream in every flavor, and great equipment to shoot with. There were 15 of us who tromped around the pier with our cameras proudly dangling from our necks. It was the bigget group of tourists I've ever been a part of. As you can see from the photo: I befriended a sea lion and a fish today! The ocean-critters are really growing on me! I also had my love language spoken to today. Rebecca surprised me with two sand dollar shells she found in a gift store, Dena & Morgan got me these two adorable surf stickers, and then I came back to my desk this afternoon to find a deck of Batman trading cards on my desk with a note that said, "Just because I love ya! -Kim" Ah! My love tank is overflowing! Thank you all for speaking my love language!

I finally got a chance to put up a few photos from the trip to MN. Check them out below. Also, my last sermon is posted online too if you'd like to hear it. It was funny to get feedback on this sermon and hear people describe it as better than the last. I didn't have that sense after it was over, but there's evidence that God is working through me even when I don't expect it. Halleluia for that!

No comments: